Wednesday, August 25, 2010

first health tips

Okay, I want to start this blog by thanking you for looking at it!!.  You probably know how computor savvy I am, and how passionate I am about learning all that the computer has to offer me.  NOT.  anyway, I do have some passions in life: My great Savior Jesus, my husband Fred of 32 years (XXOO), my children, my friends, my health tips!!! so lets go with the last:  MY HEALTH TIPS>  I have so much to share but haven'tgot a clue how to deliver it. suggestions welcome, questions for me to research and answer are also welcome.  >  Let's begin with just a list of suggestions, and see if it stimulates any questions. 
1. Sugar decreases your production of white blood cells. they are important for fighting germs. perhaps this is one reason why at Christmas so many of us get colds.
2.  Plastics in the microwave produce dioxins that are carcinogenic. Use glass.
3.  30 Grams of fiber a day and 5-7 fruits and vegetables. Avacados have 10 grams fiber and are the good fat. Pinto , Kidney , white beans, lentils are all high in fiber . I open a can and put them in spaghetti, on wraps, I tuck them in lots of places.Buy the cans at a health food store to find saltless and preservative free.
4.  oatmeal and Oatbran are the best grain for soaking up cholesterol and fat and sweeping it out of you.
5.  Read diet labels, if they contain Aspartame stay clear, when it hits the heat of your body, it becomes Neurotoxic, can cause headaches and memory dysfunction. etc.
6.  handwashing is your # 1 defense against germs!
7.If you are a big candle burner, Stay away from petroleum based candles,which is most.  Look for Soy candles which burn clean and are not neurotoxic.
8.  Fluoride has been a target of studies recently, noted in our water and toothpaste.  It inhibits the absorption of Iodine in the body.  This causes the thyroid not to produce it's necessary hormones as well.  Do you want your hormones messed with? not me.  Drink filtered water as much as possible.
9.  Do you have bumps on your triceps and around the sides of your arms. This can be a yeast problem.  I suggest cutting sugar and breads (starch), and going to walmart and buying "Azo" supplement(cheap).  Grapeseed extract and olive leaf extract will also help.
10.  Read labels on foods. choose a brand that has less salt, no preservatives.
11. Anybody need help to lower blood pressure?  or Lose weight? The next blog will cover this.
12.  Ever noticed the triangle at the bottom of plastic containers of all types. with a number in it? Only a number 2 or 4 seems to be acceptable in my book.  The other number's all leach carcinogenic agents if bent up.  Never reuse plastic bottles. The slightest damage to the bottle can cause the release of the chemical they are made of , which is carcinogenic. Never heat plastic anything , never in the dishwasher, even that heat releases chemicals not healthy.  GO GLass or look for "BPA' free. BPA = Bisphenol A, a synthetic chemical that messes with our hormones. (Increased cancer risk).Can't stand to see 2 Litres outside convenience stores in the sun! Now you know the "rest of the story".
13. Okay, enough for first day.  Stay tuned for future blogs!!!  Love, Susie Q

7 comments:

  1. hi sue,your new blog site looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO POST A COMMENT:
    THE FIRST TIME, I SELECTED AND SIGNED UP FOR A GOOGLE ACCOUNT. IT WAS FREE. IT REQUIRED ME TO GIVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND A PASSWORD THAT I MADE UP.
    THIS 2ND TIME THAT I COMMENTED, IT ASKED ME SOMETHING LIKE COMMENT AS: ______________ AND I CHOSE GOOGLE, IT THEN ASKED ME MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD AND IT ASKED ME TO READ AND COPY ONE OF THOSE SQUIGGLY WORDS. IT THEN LET MY COMMENT BE POSTED

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Awesome mom!! So glad you can share all this great info with the world! My first question is about #12. How are the numbers graded and what do they mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dentist just told me to use fluoride toothpaste AND rinse because my gums are getting older and starting to receed (yikes!). Is there another way to absorb iodine that you know of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW all this sounds good. Glad you are in to alternative treatments, aka, prevention!

    Amber's sister (also a nurse) has confirmed the no plastic in microwaves bit.

    Can you talk about the difference between good sugar and refined sugar? Is there any such thing as good sugar? There must be, since fruit is natural.

    Thanks Aunt Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, thanks loved ones for the comments! I did answer some of these questions in the blog entitled Response to questions. but I will try to use this comment section in the future. Sugars: honey, brown, white, refined--they all raise blood sugar. the only sweeteners that don't raise blood sugar that so far seem safe are splenda and stevia. Stevia is by far the best b/c it is plant based, but it is 300times the sweetness of sugar, and hard not to get too much of it. Honestly, I try to not cook much stuff that needs sugar, or i just go without. cinnamon helps sweeten, as does applesauce, bananas,Raw unfiltered honey is what most health nuts will probably recommend, such as myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iodine: I just got an email from a doctor at the womens health center in texas that told me one cannot get too much iodine/iodide supplement. Synthroid, yes, iodine/iodide supplement, no. b/c the excess iodine that your body says it does not need washes out in urine. He basically said if you have symptoms of low thyroid function (goiters, cysts anywhere, fibrous breasts etc) it would not hurt to take 12.5 ng of an iodine/iodide(they come together)supplement daily. If symptoms don't improve, increase monthly by one 12.5 tablet up to 4 a day. Carrie, salt water fish have lots of Iodine, too.

    ReplyDelete