Thursday, August 26, 2010

responses and more health tips

Thank you for the comments!!  Okay.  sugars. what can I tell you. First, I recommend  you try to buy it from the health food store where you are  most likely to get a selection of less refined type which, the difference being you will get more minerals and such that gets thrown out with refinement.  Sugar and honey, however, whichever you use, raises blood sugar.  Stevia is a plant leaf that is 300 times sweeter than sugar, and has a glycemic index of ZERO, which means it will not raise blood sugar. but it is hard to get used to, use Very Little due to how sweet it is. It is very safe. So far, splenda appears to be okay, although I don't use it b/c I'd haven't heard the last word on it. Don't worry about sugar from fresh fruit.  But I do say limit fruit juices due to the concentrated amt. of sugar without the fiber of the fruit itself.  \
     Fluoride messes with hormones. I am sorry your uninformed dentist doesn't seem to know that.  Clean your teeth with a very soft electric tooth brush and mild toothpaste,Okay if you must use fluoride toothpaste). but avoid fluoride rinses and unfiltered water. 
     Iodine.  This is a topic I am researching better to give you a good answer where to get it etc,  I take it as supplement due to goiters in my thyroid, I believe from a genetic problem with Iodine absorption. More later after my research done.
     The numbers in the triangles on the bottom of plastic bottles and containers of drink or food stand for the chemical used to make the plastic.  I only know of number one, two, three, four and six.  #1 Polyetryene terphthalate (PET), will leach carcinogens if cracked or bent.#2 and #4, Low density polyethylene is least harmful.  #3Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) bad. #6 polystyrene , leaches the carcinogen styrene.  I don't know how they came up with the numbers, but it is sure important to be aware of their meaning .
     Today, my last comments are: Sugar, since we discussed it, is known to be a cancer feeder.  Cancer also feeds on salt.  Check all labels and buy saltfree whenever possible. I have so much more to say, so stay tuned!!
   P.S. Fluoride used to be used to treat hyperactive thyroid by lowering the thyroid function. The gov't, who makes water treatment plants add fluoride, has been negligent to study effects of fluoride, consequently, we have a phenomenal amt of people in the US who have poorly functioning thyroids.They put iodine in salt, but there have been studies suggesting the chloride in the salt actually may inhibit the absorption of the iodine.  Foods rich in Iodine include Haddock, cod, eggs, many seafoods.More on Iodine in future, I promise.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment